Friday, July 11, 2008

Diamond Jim's Grill

Wow. Utter disappointment are the words that come to mind. This blog isn't meant to be a place for food critique, but I can't help but rant a little here. In my mind, it's really hard to screw up greasy spoon-type breakfasts. Somehow they managed to do it. Homefries (or American Fried Potatoes, as Jim's calls them) are the cornerstone of my greasy spoon breakfasts and these were awful. They were frozen potatoes, not fresh, and they cooked them with no seasoning whatsoever. The omelet tasted ok, but it was way too big. It was the size of most burritos I've gotten and I had to bring half of it home...
...which brings me to the point of the post...styrofoam. Why am I not surprised?

Diamond Jim's Grill
1906 N State
Bellingham, WA
(360) 734-8687

Maybe it was the awful Pop/Easy Listening 70's, 80's and 90's radio station that was blaring...
Maybe it was having to wait 30 minutes for lukewarm food...
But I don't think I'm going to have to worry about BYOC'n to Diamond Jim's in the near future.

No comments: