Monday, August 4, 2008

D'Anna's Café Italiano

I had no intention of throwing D'Anna's a curve ball the other night when we ate there.  I wasn't terribly hungry and just wanted a small bowl of minestrone (which was excellent, by the way).  But apparently they only have one size of minestrone--huge.  When I asked if it was possible to take the rest home, my wonderful waitress went off in search of a container.  I didn't ask for a non-styrofoam container, but I heard her ask the one of the kitchen staff, "do we have anything that isn't styrofoam that I could put some soup in?"  What she came back with appeared to be a paper cup and plastic lid that would normally be used for serving espresso-to-go.  I don't think that plastic lid was recyclable, but they did a bang-up job avoiding the styrofoam.  Kudos!

Whether or not their other carry-out containers are typically non-styrofoam, I can't say.  I'll have to check it out some other time and let you all know.

1317 N State
Bellingham, WA
(360) 714-0188

UPDATE: D'Anna's uses paper boxes for carry-outs...yay!  Thanks to Shauna for the tip!

1 comment:

My name is Shauna said...

in my experience b/c i love their primavera - they use the brown paper boxes for leftovers